My Views & Interesting News: For These Lovers, Sit-ups and Slaps is the Price of Eloping

Sunday, May 3, 2015

For These Lovers, Sit-ups and Slaps is the Price of Eloping

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

A village head in Chhota Udaipur district of Gujarat state of India allegedly humiliated an 18-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl for eloping, a police official said. The incident, which took place in Devaliya village of tribal-dominated Chhota Udaipur district 15 days ago, came to light on Thursday after a video of the episode surfaced.

Chhota Udaipur police inspector R.S. Bariya said. Police lodged a complaint on Friday against 12 people and arrested five, he said. In the video, Devaliya village sarpanch Soniyabhai Rathva is seen asking the teenagers to do sit-ups holding each other’s ears in front of a large gathering, including some tribal leaders, who acted as a “panch,” Mr. Bariya said.

The sarpanch allegedly asked the boy to sit on the girl’s shoulder and “we learned that the girl was forced to act like a horse and to run carrying the boy. The sarpanch also collected a fine of Rs. 5,000 from the girl’s parents and Rs. 10,000 from the boy’s parents,” Mr. Bariya said.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language