My Views & Interesting News: Husband and Wife asked to Live as Brother and Sister

Monday, July 27, 2015

Husband and Wife asked to Live as Brother and Sister

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!

As per a report: 

In Indian Haryana state, after Five months of their marriage, Praveen and Poonam began their family planning. It was an arranged marriage. Their family members were happy to know that Poonam was pregnant. However, all their celebrations came to an end when Praveen and Poonam were asked to live as brother and sister. All their dreams were shattered and they were forced to run away from their hometown.

This is a real incident happened in Haryana. The shocking diktat came from infamous Khap Panchayat, which is known for its harsh and shocking decisions and diktats. The Khap Panchayat declared that Praveen and Poonam cannot live as husband and wife as they belong to Kaushik Phetwadia gotra and Kaushik Patwalia gotra.

 According to rules, people from these two gotras are considered to be under bhaichara (brotherhood) in which marriage is forbidden. The Khap Panchayat said that the duo could not marry each other as they shared a bhaichara.

Labels: , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language