My Views & Interesting News: It happens only in India: Widow gets Family Pension after 50 yrs

Sunday, October 13, 2013

It happens only in India: Widow gets Family Pension after 50 yrs

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

A septuagenarian widow has received family pension after waiting for over half a century for it. Harapriya Devi, 77, whose husband died while serving as a lecturer in the English department in Bhubaneswar’s BJB College, received the pension in September this year.

Her husband Janakinath Nanda Choudhury had served in Odisha's premier college from 1954 to 1962 before he drowned in Mahanadi River at Jobra in Cuttack city on June 3, 1962. “He died at the age of 29. I was 26 year old then.

I had two children to support. I took up a job of a teacher to bring them up them. I had made the pension claim at that time,” said Harapriya Devi. The retired teacher said she ran from pillar to post to get the pension but the authorities turned a deaf ear to her pleadings. Read more.........It happens only in India: Widow gets family pension after 50 yrs

Labels: , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language