My Views & Interesting News: Mumbai World's Second most Honest city

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mumbai World's Second most Honest city

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
At last something to cheer about in a corruption ridden country: As per a report :

Reader's Digest conducted a global, social experiment with "Lost Wallet" test. 

The magazine put 16 cities to the test when wallets were dropped in public places such as shopping centres, car parks and on pavements – containing personal documents and photos, contact details and cash equivalent of $50 – in an attempt to find out how many would be returned to the rightful owner. 


Of the 192 wallets, around half were returned, but the outcomes varied from city to city. The result: Helsinki is the winner. The capital of Finland emerged as the most honest city of the world with eleven out of 12 wallets being returned to their owners in the Scandinavian city.

India's financial capital Mumbai was the second most honest city in the world with nine out of 12 wallets getting handed in.
Rahul Rai, a 27-year-old video editor, found one of these lost wallets. "My conscience wouldn't let me do anything wrong. A wallet is a big thing with many important documents [in it]," Rai told Reader's Digest.
Vaishali Mhaskar, a mother of two, returned a wallet left in the post office. "I teach my children to be honest, just like my parents taught me," she said.
So at least it proves that Indians in Mumbai are Honest People. What do you say......

Labels: , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language