My Views & Interesting News: 11-month-old Girl sent on Solo Parasailing by parents

Sunday, May 25, 2014

11-month-old Girl sent on Solo Parasailing by parents

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per one report:

Eleven-months-old Niya Nisam loud bawling did not deter her parents from sending the infant parasailing alone 50-ft up in the sky at Muzhappilangad beach here on Wednesday afternoon. Hours later, district police chief P N Unnirajan, who attended the adventure sport event, said he would register a case under the Juvenile Justice Act against the organizers.

"When I was asked to flag off (the event), I refused, saying that making a child to parasail alone is against the rules. But they said that one of the parents will accompany her. I believed them and left the place before it began," he said.

The event was organized by Malabar Aero Sports Society (MASS) a Kozhikode-based adventure sports and tourism organization. The little para-sailor is the granddaughter of Safar Ahmed, general secretary of the organization.

MASS said the event was aimed at popularizing parasailing. It claimed to have imparted "proper training" to the infant.

A senior paediatrician, however, pooh-poohed the "training" argument. "It’s not age-appropriate learning. An 11-month-old cannot learn parasailing just like that," Dr Sachidananda Kamath, state president of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics, said.

The district tourism promotion council (DTPC), the licensing authority for such events on the beach, said the event was conducted without permission. DTPC secretary Saji Varghese said that the council later received a letter from the organizers, apologizing for conducting the event without permission.

Labels: , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language