My Views & Interesting News: Mumbai Restaurant uses Drone to deliver Pizza - Video

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mumbai Restaurant uses Drone to deliver Pizza - Video

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a video on youtube:


Staff at Francesco’s Pizzeria in south Mumbai were inspired by the news that online retail giant Amazon was planning to use unmanned drones to deliver goods, and decided to try one out as a means to beat the city’s notorious traffic.

"We successfully carried out a test delivery by sending a pizza to a customer located 1.5 kilometre away from our outlet on May 11," Francesco’s Pizzeria chief executive Mikhel Rajani told the Press Trust of India (PTI) news agency.
"What we have done now will be common place in the next four to five years," he said, adding that the customised four-rotor drones each cost around $US2000 ($2160).
The company posted a video of the delivery on YouTube, which shows the drone carrying the pizza box over shops, cricketers and the coastline of the financial capital before landing on a high-rise rooftop.
Rajani believes the test will lead the way to a cheaper and quicker service than their usual two-wheelers can provide by road.

Labels: , , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language