My Views & Interesting News: Intercaste Marriage by Son costs Priest his Job

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Intercaste Marriage by Son costs Priest his Job

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

A temple priest in Namakkal, Tamil Nadu was sacked after his son married a woman belonging to a community of another caste, which was in opposition to the alliance, in Kumarapalayam near Namakkal, Tamil Nadu.

The priest of the temple in Kumarapalayam administered by Senkuthur Trust, in which the woman's community members has stake, was removed and another appointed in his place last evening after his son and the woman married, disregarding opposition from the bride's family, police said.

The man and woman, both major, entered into wedlock at Sankari police station in view of the opposition.

Enraged over this, the community members, led by Sankari Lorry Owners Association President Aasaithambi, also a trustee in the temple board, sacked the priest and asked his community members running shops in the temple complex to vacate.

Around 500 members of the woman's community, led by Aasaithambi, also staged a roadblock on a national highway in Kumarapalayam last evening, demanding that she be sent back with them, police said.

Labels: , , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language