My Views & Interesting News: 100,000 Bats fall dead from the sky during a heatwave in Australia

Sunday, January 12, 2014

100,000 Bats fall dead from the sky during a heatwave in Australia

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

Tens of thousands of dead bats have fallen from the sky as a “catastrophic” heatwave hits parts of eastern Australia. The RSPCA estimated that 100,000 could have died from heat exhaustion in record temperatures in southern Queensland. Spokesman Michael Beatty says the heatwave was a significant blow to the population of bats across the state.

“The heatwave was basically a catastrophe for all the bat colonies in south-east Queensland,” he said. “That's obviously going to have a pretty disturbing impact on those colonies and those colonies are vital to our ecosystem.” The animals’ corpses rot quickly in the heat and councils have organised collections to stop the stench.

Labels: , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language