My Views & Interesting News: Valentine's Day: Tomatoes thrown on couples by Bajrang Dal men

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day: Tomatoes thrown on couples by Bajrang Dal men

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

The activists of Bajrang Dal and Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Friday threw rotten tomatoes at couples celebrating Valentine’s Day on the banks of Sabarmati river in Ahmedabad. Couples were seen running to save themselves when a large group of Bajrang Dal workers suddenly thronged the place and started throwing tomatoes at them. Some of them tried to escape in their vehicles while others ran for cover. 

No complaint has been lodged with the police so far in connection with the incident. Hundreds of couples were present at the Sabarmati riverfront this morning to celebrate Valentine’s Day. VHP and Bajrang Dal organised programmes in the city to protest “indecent” celebration of the day. 

Bajrang Dal city president Jwalit Mehta, who led the charge said that they had been going to colleges in various parts of the city over the last few days to educate students about the negative influences of imbibing western traditions and aspects of their culture.

Labels: , , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language