My Views & Interesting News: Stethoscopes on their way out

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stethoscopes on their way out

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

The cold sensation of the doctor's stethoscope has been familiar to patients for decades. But the device could soon be replaced by new technology, a leading scientific journal has predicted. It claims that a new generation of hand-held ultrasound devices, modelled on smartphones, are able to diagnose heart, lung and other conditions quicker and with more accuracy than the 200-year-old stethoscope. 

 The editorial article, in Global Heart, the journal of the World Heart Federation, says: "Many experts have argued that ultrasound has become the stethoscope of the 21st century." Ultrasound works by emitting high-frequency sound waves to monitor the structure of soft tissue and blood flow.

Labels:

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language