My Views & Interesting News: Suspended Mumbai varsity professor takes class on pavement

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Suspended Mumbai varsity professor takes class on pavement

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

Mumbai University professor Neeraj Hatekar, suspended by the university for allegedly misleading press about mismanagement at the university, took classes on a pavement outside the varsity campus on Tuesday. Hatekar, an economics stream professor, held classes in Kalina, just outside the Kalina campus.

An NDTV report quoted him as saying, "Dissent and debate is not encouraged at the University. A politically-backed kitchen cabinet runs Mumbai University. When Mr Welukar joined, the university was ranked 96, now it is 150." After his suspension, Professor Hatekar, a widely respected teacher and Cambridge University fellow, said he will not only fight his suspension but will also continue to discuss the issue of the university not being open to criticism.  

Labels: , , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language