My Views & Interesting News: Commandos Guard 300 Kgs of Gold for Mahabodhi Temple's Dome

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Commandos Guard 300 Kgs of Gold for Mahabodhi Temple's Dome

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

Two dozen commandos from Thailand are guarding nearly 300 kg gold in 13 boxes in Bihar's Bodhgaya town as work began to cover the dome of 1,500-year old Mahabodhi temple in glitter.

The much awaited work to gold-plate the dome is being carried out by a team of technical experts from Thailand, officials said. Two days after the 289 kg gold, donated by Buddhist devotees from Thailand, was brought at Bodhgaya in a special plane from Bangkok, technical experts have finally started the work under tight security in and around the temple, said N. Dorjee, secretary of the Bodh Gaya temple management committee.

"A 40-member team, including a dozen experts and two dozen commandos, from Thailand arrived at Bodhgaya with gold in 13 boxes to complete the work in 40 to 50 days," Singh said. He said the team is led by Thailand's former deputy prime minister General Pricha. "About 24 Thailand commandos are providing security to the gold boxes kept in the temple premises," Singh said.

Labels: , , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language