My Views & Interesting News: Birthday surprise: Boy with 'no Friends on Facebook' gets 1.6 Million Likes

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Birthday surprise: Boy with 'no Friends on Facebook' gets 1.6 Million Likes

Subscribe to My Viuz Subscribe to My Viuz in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY MSN! Subscribe to My Viuz in MY AOL! Subscribe to My Viuz in Rojo!
As per a report:

A "happy birthday" Facebook page created by a Richland, Mich., mom after her son lamented that he had no friends to invite to his birthday party has garnered 1.6 million fans since it was posted. The mother created the Coliniseleven page on Feb. 2 for her son, Colin, who will turn 11 on March 9, MLive said. 

Reuters identified the mom as Jennifer Cunningham. Colin has a sensory processing disorder and another condition similar to Asperger's syndrome and austism that makes socializing difficult, Cunningham told WOOD-TV 8. The other kids at his school in Richland, a town of less than 1,000 near Kalamazoo, don't understand his disability and why Colin will act out, she said. "We were talking about his birthday coming up and I had mentioned it a few times and he said he didn't want a party. And I said, 'Why don't you want a party?" -- "Mom, who am I going to invite? I don't have any friends,' " Cunningham said. So Cunningham created the Facebook page, hoping some adults would wish Colin a happy birthday. They did, by the thousands. 

 The page drew 4,000 likes in the first two days and exceeded 8,600 by Sunday, WOOD-TV 8 reported. Greetings and pictures poured onto the page from as far away as Switzerland and Scotland. By the time the Daily Mail picked up the story on Monday the page was up to 13,800 likes. As of 8:40 a.m. Thursday, 1.6 million visitors had "liked" Coliniseleven. Well-wishers included the at Alpha Xi Delta sorority at Indiana University, who attached a video, the Rosenberg, Texas, Police Department, and Grant Heile, a 14-year-old from Nashville.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Get My Viuz Updates by e-mail

Bookmark/Add My Viuz to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© MyViuz.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language